Monday, August 02, 2010

wow, i still have readers!

commenting back to both of you was like trying to write a novelette in the comment bar, so i decided to post the answer instead.

yes i've thought about the longevity of images on the internet and the loss of control over them...hence the waffling. at the same time, you only live once (to my knowledge) and i've played it pretty safe my whole life.

@tess, the real reason? straight out curiosity and vanity. my deep dark secret is that i was fascinated by modeling and pageants as a kid (my cousins did them), but never entered one. i was always too chicken and didn't want to get kicked out for not being so into them that i wouldn't kill another beauty queen with a spork for the crown. but this looks like fun. seriously, how much fun would it be do fab hair and makeup then try on gorgeous dresses or vintage/repro vintage swimwear, and take and pictures?.



the above images are more along the lines of what i'd be interested in doing. sadly, unless you're a pro pin up (like bernie dexter, bernie image left from google image search no photo credit given originally or fleur de guerre, fleur image on right from diary of a vintage girl)

again what remains to be seen is IF id actually follow thru with this mental fantasy or if it all stays just a curious preoccupation and then blows over.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You do play it safe, and I like that. I think if you want to do it, then you will have fun. This kind of sums up my feelings about pin-up style things, though:

http://www.lileks.com/institute/frahm/index.html

Enjoy!

quietandsmalladventures said...

LOL!!!!

the problem with talking about this, is that i think it's all more fun when it's imaginary. as soon as i started thinking about the details, managing multiple "lives" and what all of it would actually entail, i start thinking that maybe it's not what i think it's gonna be. that would be the little angel on my shoulder (think tom and jerry cartoon image here!).

the little devil is saying, but think of the stories for the grandkids!!

i go thru this with getting a half sleeve too. i've wanted one for about a year, but am i going to hate it after?? do i really want all that imagery on my body? and then i think what the hey? you only live once.

it's a conundrum.

Unknown said...

I understand completely. We'll have to get you one of those fake tattoo shirts or something. Haha.

Unknown said...

believe it or not, I thought about modelling many years ago(long before I was married). I had thought it would be so much fun. But I had a friend who tried it, and told me it's AWEFUL, everything about you is scrutinized, you are never skinny enough, your boobs are never big enough, blah blah blah, she said it killed any ounce of self esteem she had, and she made pennies doing it. I think back now and wonder how I ever thought I was pretty enough, or had a good enough figure to do it. I had a fragile self esteem anyhow, and I think it would have broken me completely.

That's not to say this would be the same, but it could be less fun than it looks...